It might seem like there’s not a stop button for 50 Cent’s trolling, but the rapper is actually cutting back while weighing in on the latest legal case involving another high-profile celebrity.
As previously reported, 50 took to his trolling station, Instagram, to share his reaction to Jay-Z’s first public appearance amid the rapper’s rape allegations. Accompanied by wife Beyoncé, 12-year-old daughter Blue Ivy Carter, and mother-in-law Tina Knowles, Jay posed for photos on the red carpet at the Mufasa premiere in Hollywood on Monday. In a now-deleted post, 50 Cent joked, “Jay said they said I rapped [sic] a kid, everybody get dressed we going to see Mufasa LOL.”
During an appearance on BigBoyTV, 50 Cent elaborated on the situation, clarifying that he harbors no issues with Jay-Z or any significant problems with Diddy, who is also named in the lawsuit. “I just hope things are alright for him internally, at the crib,” 50 said, referencing Jay’s remarks during his interview with Big Boy. “In the statement, they mentioned his daughter [Blue Ivy] being old enough [to understand]. She’s about 13. So it’s the same age as his kids… what [they are] saying he did.”
Jay-Z addressed the matter in a statement on Sunday, saying, “My wife and I will have to sit our children down, one of whom is at the age where her friends will surely see the press and ask questions about the nature of these claims, and explain the cruelty and greed of people.”
Having faced numerous legal battles himself over the years, 50 Cent expressed his belief that cases of misconduct “isn’t [about] what you did. It’s what they said you did.” He added, “The damage is already done by the allegation itself.”
He went on to suggest that Jay-Z, who has been the live music entertainment strategist for the NFL since 2019, may encounter difficulties with the league if the legal situation escalates. “They will fall back, the NFL… they won’t necessarily be associated with that,” he remarked.
RELATED:Jay-Z’s Legal Team Responds in Court To Civil Lawsuit, Demands Accuser Disclose Her Identity
RELATED:Jay-Z’s Legal Team Responds in Court To Civil Lawsuit, Demands Accuser Disclose Her Identity
Meanwhile, Jay-Z and his legal team appear confident about resolving the case swiftly. His statement also highlighted Jay-Z’s “strict codes and honor,” asserting that he strives to protect all children. In his response to Texas-based attorney Tony Buzbee, who filed the lawsuit on Sunday after its initial filing in October, which only involved Diddy’s alleged participation, Jay-Z wrote, “You seem to exploit people for personal gain. Only your network of conspiracy theorists, fake physics, will believe the idiotic claims you have levied against me that, if not for the seriousness surrounding harm to kids, would be laughable.”
“These allegations are so heinous in nature that I implore you to file a criminal complaint, not a civil one!! Whomever would commit such a crime against a minor should be locked away, would you not agree?” Carter stated. “These alleged victims would deserve real justice if that were the case.”
In a statement, legal representatives for Combs characterized the suits as “shameless publicity stunts, designed to extract payments from celebrities who fear having lies spread about them, just as lies have been spread about Mr. Combs.”
“As his legal team has said before, Mr. Combs has full confidence in the facts and the integrity of the judicial process. In court, the truth will prevail: that Mr. Combs never sexually assaulted or trafficked anyone—man or woman, adult or minor,” the statement concluded.