Woman Dies After Contracting Flesh Eating Bacteria At A Beach

Written by Deja Monet June 30, 2019
Photo Credit: FOX 13 News

A Florida woman has died after she contracted a flesh-eating bacteria from a simple cut on her leg during a trip at the beach.

According to the New York Post, Lynn Fleming fell into a small dip in the ocean at Coquina Beach and sustained a small cut from the fall. Her son, Wade, says she didn’t think much of the cut since it was tiny. Fleming went to a nearby clinic to get a tetanus shot and antibiotics but she was found unconscious in her home the next day. Doctors reported she was diagnosed with necrotizing fasciitis and underwent surgery to remove the infection from her leg.

RELATED STORIES: Teen Suffers From Mysterious Illness After Returning From Cruise

Wade added that his mother suffered two strokes and sepsis. She passed away on June 27.

RELATED STORIES: Couple Dies From Bubonic Plague After Eating Raw Marmot Meat

“I can’t even believe it, that it’s really even happening. It’s just all happening so fast.”

He said that Fleming enjoyed going to the beach and thought her death was a “freak accident” since it was the place she loved.

“She couldn’t wait to get down here and retire. She loved the ocean; she loved walking on the beach. Unfortunately, it’s the place that took her life by freak accident.”

Press play to learn more about the tragic story in the video clip below.