Whoopi Goldberg Reportedly on UNPAID suspension for holocaust comments — Will Allegedly Lose Out On $192,000
As it was previously reported, Whoopi Goldberg is “livid” after the news broke that she was suspended from “The View” over her holocaust comments. According to the @nypost, she’s so livid that she’s threatening to quit, sources told the outlet.
RELATED: Whoopi Goldberg Reportedly Threatening To Quit ‘The View’ After Her Suspension
Now it’s being shared by the @dailymail that Whoopi, who reportedly earns $5million per year, which after tax gives her around $40,000-a-week , is on Unpaid suspension and “will lose out on her $192,000 paycheck for those two weeks,” the outlet reports.
“It’s a new day at ABC News. Kim [Godwin] wants her entire team to be held accountable for their words and actions. There has been a real power vacuum on The View since Barbara Walters retired because she ran the show with an iron first,” a show insider told the outlet.
The big controversy began on Monday when Whoopi claimed on-air that the Holocaust was “not about race.” However, she posted a Twitter apology, then apologized on-air on Tuesday but after the show, was sadly suspended.
“Whoopi is welcome to return after her unpaid two-week suspension. She took the news well and understood where the network was coming from,” the insider reportedly said per the outlet.
Whoopi has not yet responded to these reports yet.
Press Play Below For More:
RELATED: Whoopi Goldberg Trends After Saying The Holocaust Was “Not About Race”