Travis Scott Gets Emotional As He Speaks Out For The First Time On Astroworld Tragedy & Shares Message To Fans: “I’m Going To Fix This To Make Sure This Never Happens Again”

Write Comment

Travis Scott Gets Emotional As He Speaks Out For The First Time On Astroworld Tragedy & Shares Message To Fans: “I’m Going To Fix This To Make Sure This Never Happens Again”

In a one-on-one interview with Charlamagne The God, Travis Scott speaks out on camera for the very first time to talk about the Astroworld Tragedy.

HOUSTON, TEXAS – NOVEMBER 05: Travis Scott performs during 2021 Astroworld Festival at NRG Park on November 05, 2021 in Houston, Texas. (Photo by Erika Goldring/WireImage)

RELATED: Travis Scott Reportedly Wants Astroworld Lawsuit Dismissed

As we previously reported, 10 people died and hundreds of others were left injured after a crowd surge at the Festival in Houston on the evening of Nov. 5. People at the event described a crowd surge with 50,000 people that led to some falling unconscious. A 9-year-old boy happened to be the youngest victim and died on Nov. 14 of injuries suffered during the concert. Travis is now facing a bunch of lawsuits over the incident.

While speaking with the @breakfastclubam radio host, Travis said he did not hear fans screaming and pleading for help while he was on stage at the time. He also talked about what he sees on stage from an artist’s point of view, and how difficult it is to see or really hear anything in the crowd. During the conversation, Travis also got emotional as he shared a message to fans, saying to them that he will fix this situation so nothing like this happens again.

HOUSTON, TEXAS – NOVEMBER 05: Travis Scott performs onstage during the third annual Astroworld Festival at NRG Park on November 05, 2021 in Houston, Texas. (Photo by Rick Kern/Getty Images)

“I didn’t know the exact details until minutes before the press conference,” he said. “And even at that moment you’re like, ‘Wait, what?’”

He added,
“It’s so crazy because I’m that artist too — anytime you can hear something like that, you want to stop the show,” he said. “You wanna make sure fans get the proper attention they need. Anytime I could see anything like that, I did. I stopped it a couple times to just make sure everybody was OK. And I really just go off of the fans’ energy as a collective — call and response.”

During that conversation, Travis also got emotional as he shared a message to fans, saying to them that he will fix this situation so nothing like this happens again.

Press Play Below To Watch The Full Interview:

RELATED: Another Lawsuit — Travis Scott Sued By Family Of 14-Year-Old Astroworld Victim

Source

Kecia Gayle: Your Favorite Entertainment Reporter !