Toddler Dies After Trying to Save His Pet Dog In House Fire

Written by Kecia Gayle December 3, 2019
Photo Credit: GoFundMe

Toddler Dies After Trying to Save His Pet Dog In House Fire

A family is currently mourning the loss of their baby boy after he tragically died while trying to rescue his pet dog in a house fire.

According to NBC, a fire broke out at the family’s house in Gentry, Arkansas just after 5 p.m. on Saturday. Kurtis and Caitlin Sharp and their children called for help as they tried to extinguish the fire themselves. While doing that, the parents didn’t notice that their 23-month-old had re-entered the home to save their pet dog.

RELATED: Veteran ‘Will & Grace’ Actress Shelley Morrison Dies At 83

Unfortunately, their toddler Loki Nicholi Mason became trapped by the blaze. His body was later discovered by firefighters, who believed the fire was caused by an electrical issue, according to Gentry Fire Chief Vester Cripps.

“I just wanna stop here and say never take your children for granted,” Kurtis wrote alongside a photo of his son on Facebook. “Cherish every waking moment with them!!!! We love u bubba and we know your [sic] in a better place!!!!”

An investigation of the fire is currently ongoing by the Gentry Fire Departmeeng. Meanwhile the parents have shared that the viewing for Loki would be on Friday in Siloam Springs, Arkansas and his funeral would be the following day.

The grieving father asked that Loki’s loved ones and guests to “mix it up” and wear the toddler’s favorite colors of red, white, and black to celebrate his life.

“We don’t want it to be any more depressing than it’s already gonna be,” he wrote. “Thanks for all the love and support we definitely appreciate it.”

A GoFundMe has been established for the family to assist with expenses.

Press Play Below For A Related Story:

Toddler Dies Running Back Into House Fire to Rescue Puppy

RELATED: First Black Woman To Reach Both North and South Pole Dies At 88