Social Media Wants Sandra Bullock Stripped Of ‘Blind Side’ Oscar Amid Michael Oher & Tuohy Family Controversy

Social Media Wants Sandra Bullock Stripped Of ‘Blind Side’ Oscar Amid Michael Oher & Tuohy Family Controversy

Write Comment

#Socialites, do you agree? Several users on social media are demanding that Sandra Bullock be stripped of her Oscar Award for her role in ‘The Blind Side.’ The controversy arrives after Michael Oher, the former NFL player who inspired the 2009 movie, revealed that the Tuohy family never adopted him, and instead, tricked him into a conservatorship.

RELATED: Former NFL Player, Michael Oher, The Inspiration Behind ‘The Blind Side’ Movie Claims He Was Never Adopted & Tricked Into Conservatorship

On Monday (August 14), in a shocking turn of events, Tennessee court filings obtained by ESPN revealed that Oher was allegedly manipulated by the Tuohy family so that they could become more wealthy using his talents and likeness.

In the court documents, Sean and Leigh Anne Tuohy are accused of taking Oher into their home as a high school student under a conservatorship that he was tricked into. Per ESPN, the conservatorship granted the family legal authority to make business deals on his behalf.

RELATED: NFL Reporter Bridget Condon Slips Up And Says Philadelphia Eagles Draft Pick Jalen Carter Has A ‘Big D’

Now at 37 years of age, Oher is reportedly requesting that a court end the Tuohy family’s conservatorship, ceasing them from further using his name and likeness. He is also reportedly asking for them to provide a full account of their earnings since the beginning of the conservatorship.

Additionally, Oher is reportedly asking for an unspecified amount of compensatory and punitive damages, plus a “fair” share of profits made off of his name and likeness. Another shocking detail revealed that Oher was reportedly never compensated for the Oscar Award-winning movie ‘The Blind Side,’ which was inspired by his story. Reportedly, the Tuohy family negotiated a deal that made them and their two birth children millions of dollars in royalties.

RELATED: Cam Newton Believes His Hairstyle Has ‘Hindered’ Chances At Landing NFL Job: “Right Now, Where I’m At, It’s About Embracing Who I Am”

Since the controversy broke, social media is now demanding that actress Sandra Bullock, who played the role of Leigh Anne Tuohy, be stripped of her 2010 Oscar Award for Best Actress, which also happens to be her first-ever Academy Award.

Despite social media’s demands, it is to be noted that there currently isn’t any evidence proving that Bullock knew of all the drama behind the scenes between Michael Oher and the Tuohy family.

RELATED: Yaqub Talib, Brother Of Ex-NFL Star Aqib Talib, Sentenced To 37 Years In Prison For Youth Football Coach Murder

One user on the platform X, formerly known as Twitter, said, “I demand we revoke Sandra Bullock’s Oscar and give it to Meryl Streep.”

Another person said, “So Sandra Bullock should have to give back her Oscar right? And man do we need to start checking these good feeling stories. The parents blocked $300M in earnings the movie [made] from him, [stopping him from] getting any of it and gave the money to their real children? WOOOOW!”

#Socialites, be sure to check out the post below, then leave us your thoughts in a comment after!

Source

Ariela Anís: Ariela Anís is your fav Panamanian music aficionado and HU Rockstar! She not only contributes to social media, but is also a senior writer and produces 'The Jason Lee Show' and 'The Jason Lee Podcast.' She previously produced the now-defunct 'Hollywood Unlocked with Jason Lee' podcast, iHeartRadio show and Fox Soul TV show; plus, HU's live YouTube show 'Gagging with Jason Lee.' Connect on Instagram: ari.anis | Twitter: arielaanis