Ja Rule Legally Cleared Of Wrongdoing In Major Fyre Fest Lawsuit

Written by Kecia Gayle November 19, 2019
Photo Credit: Giphy

Ja Rule Legally Cleared Of Wrongdoing In Major Fyre Fest Lawsuit

Great news for Ja Rule! The rapper scored another legal victory last week when a judge decided to dismiss an appeal filed by the angry Fyre Festival attendees through the law firm of Geragos & Geragos.

RELATED: Ja Rule Off The Hook In Fyre Fest Suits

As we previously reported, Ja Rule was dropped from the first lawsuit back in July of 2019. But this latest move was an effort to drag Ja Rule back into the $100 million class-action lawsuit against others who were involved in the failed 2017 Fyre Festival event along with the co-founder Billy McFarland.

“This Court rejected plaintiffs’ conclusory assertions that they relied on defendants’ representations about the Festival as insufficient to state a claim for fraud,” Judge P. Kevin Castel ruled. “In the case of Atkins, plaintiffs alleged an actionable false statement, but failed to allege that they acted in reliance thereon.”

Ja Rule’s lawyer Ryan Hayden Smith also issued a statement to AllHipHop.com regarding the failed attempt to bring the Queens rapper back into the lawsuit.

“This ruling is nothing short of a total vindication of Mr. Atkins,” Ja Rule’s lawyer Ryan Hayden Smith told AllHipHop.com

Press Play Below For More On Ja Rule:

RELATED: Ja Rule Says He’s Planning Another “Iconic Music Festival”

Source