Breaking News: Three Children Are Dead After A Shooting At A Private Christian School In Nashville — Shooter Killed

Write Comment

Breaking News: Three Children, Three Staff Members Are Dead After A Shooting At A Private Christian School In Nashville — Shooter Killed

Tragedy struck a Nashville community this Monday morning as a shooting took place at a private elementary school.

According to reports, the incident began just before 10:30 a.m. as officers received a call about a shooter at the Covenant School, a Christian school for students in preschool through sixth grade. Nashville Police said in a tweet, “An active shooter event has taken place at Covenant School, Covenant Presbyterian Church, on Burton Hills Dr. The shooter was engaged by MNPD and is dead. Student reunification with parents is at Woodmont Baptist Church.”

The Nashville Fire Department also said earlier in the day that there are “multiple patients” but their conditions were not immediately clear.

According to new updates, at least three children were shot and taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center where they were all sadly pronounced dead. VUMC also confirms two adults have been killed in the shooting.
As of right now, the ages of the victims were also not immediately released.

At this point, it is unclear how many other patients are being treated for injuries. However, ATF Nashville also said they they were responding to the scene to assist police.

BREAKING UPDATE

Police are now saying the suspect in deadly Nashville school shooting was a 28-year-old woman. She was shot and killed by authorities in a lobby area on the second floor. The total of death comes to 7 and it was revealed that 3 staff members were killed in addition to the three children and shooter.

Officials also say the suspect was armed with at least two assault-type rifles and a handgun, officials said. She reportedly entered the school through a side entrance and made her way from the first floor to the second floor, firing multiple shots. The school has about 209 students and around 40 to 50 staff members, officials noted.

So far, First lady Jill Biden has briefly addressed the shooting. She said at National League of Cities conference on Monday, “”I am truly without words. Our children deserve better.” Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee also tweeted that he’s “closely monitoring the tragic situation. Please join us in praying for the school, congregation & Nashville community,”

This news comes just one day after it was reported that six teens were wounded in a shooting Sunday night in Brooklyn Center. The Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office told KARE 11 that all of the victims appear to be between 15 and 18 years old, and all suffered what are thought to be non-life-threatening injuries. 

We will continue to keep you updated on the latest news about the Nashville shooting as this story develops.

RELATED: Michigan State University Shooting: One Dead, Five Injured, Active Shooter At Large

Source

Leave a Comment